Source: Iowa Author Fest 2017 Featured Authors LARRY STUMBO firstname.lastname@example.org Larry has had various experiences throughout his life, from sports in high school, his daughters’ activities, interest in family activities and history, military service, a nursing career, working for the U.S. census, to his most recent involvement, promoting of Iowa authors to finally having […]
|LARRY STUMBO email@example.com
Larry has had various experiences throughout his life, from sports in high school, his daughters’ activities, interest in family activities and history, military service, a nursing career, working for the U.S. census, to his most recent involvement, promoting of Iowa authors to finally having a book published; “Poems and History of Mary Elizabeth Gilbert (Stumbo)”. A compilation by Nelle Windsor, daughter of Mary Elizabeth, who placed the poems, photos and family history into an album. Mary Elizabeth Gilbert (Stumbo) is Larry’s Great-grand mother. Nelle wanted to have this album put together for posterity of her mother’s legacy. Larry wrapped the album into a form that could be enjoyed by everyone without taking away the styles of the written words and photos of the time.
Larry has finished his, “Experience as a New Soldier”, one chapter of his life and he is now working on the other chapters of his life.
First Two Featured Authors Attending Iowa Author Fest 2017 at Jasper Winery in Des Moines, Iowa.
Jan Walters Bio
Jan Walters is a life-long resident of Iowa and enjoys working on their farm with her husband. Besides her love for writing and creating paranormal adventures for her characters, Jan loves to explore her family genealogy.
Jan’s new series, A Ghost and A Cop, is set in Des Moines. York Street is the first book in the supernatural thriller series. The series features a serious-minded cop and an irksome ghost who pair up to catch serial killers, who have unique abilities. York Street was a finalist for the Eric Hoffer Award in 2016. The link for the book trailer is www.vimeo.com/183570288 or on utube
The second book in the Ghost and A Cop series is Red Sunset Drive. This book was released January 2017. The book has received the Editor’s Choice Award and the Rising Star Award from the publisher, iUniverse.
Her books are available in paperback or e-books at Pageturners Book Store in Indianola, Amazon, iUniverse, Barnes and Noble at Jordan Creek Mall, as well as their website, and other major distributors.
Francis Sparks Bio
Francis Sparks grew up on a farm in Iowa where he spent his days avoiding bulls and other livestock as he created castles in the pasture with odds and ends from the machine shed and his imagination.
In middle school, he fell in love with reading when he discovered TSR/Wizard of the Coast’s treasure trove of fantasy novels and he began to dream of one day becoming a writer. Working as a librarian’s assistant in college, he stumbled upon The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler and quickly devoured all of his novels and Francis’s love of the mystery/detective story was born.
In his early thirties, Francis began chasing his dream of becoming an author and began writing seriously. That dream came true when his debut novel Made Safe was signed by Pandamoon Publishing in late 2015. Francis Sparks currently lives in Des Moines, Iowa with his amazing wife, Kelly. If he’s not working on his next novel or short story, you can find him teaching his children about dragons.
“Francis Sparks’ MADE SAFE is a gripping, fast-paced and hard hitting thriller. Sparks’ depiction of the gritty underbelly of the heartland will grab you by the throat and not let go. Hold on tight for a wild ride.” Heather Gudenkauf – NYT bestselling author of The Weight of Silence
For Private Investigator, Moses Winter, the job just got more complicated. His adultery case has taken a violent turn landing the subject of his investigation, Fred Dunsmore, in the hospital and Moses in jail. Moses is held for questioning along with his erratic client, Sharon Dunsmore, and Fred’s mistress, a Bosnian refugee who just happens to be related to the DCI agent investigating the case, Raif Rakic.
After Rakic secures their release, Fred goes missing, and Moses Winter finds himself compelled to find him. With the assistance of Rakic, Moses unravels Fred’s ties to Des Moines’s underworld and is forced to confront the most heinous crimes of his career.
website – www.francissparks.com
Twitter – www.twitter.com/WritingSparks
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/francis.sparks
More Buy Links – http://francissparks.com/book/made-safe/
Second group of featured authors
- NELSON FREEMAN is a retired police sergeant of 30 years, holding expert status as a fingerprint, handwriting and polygraph examiner. He served on 5 ships in the Navy and attained the rank of Chief Petty Officer, and Master Sergeant in the Iowa Army National Guard.VX America continues to be the primary target of insane men running around with nuclear and chemical weapons purchased on the black market.Elliot Foster and the USDFDA (United States Domestic and Foreign Defense Agency) are behind the power curve and face a nightmare of terrorists who are bent on destroying the United States and her allies.
- Sara J. Weis is a creative and passionate teacher who has inspired children for over eighteen years. Through her bestselling book, Go Go Yoga for Kids: A Complete Guide to Using Yoga for Kids, she has combined her experience as an elementary and junior high teacher and as a certified kid and adult yoga instructor to help introduce children to the lifelong benefits of yoga. She is also the creator of the Kids Yoga Challenge Pose Cards which allow adults and children to move progressively through yoga poses at their own rate and abilities.Sara holds a Master’s degree in Education as well as a Bachelor’s degree in both Early Childhood and Elementary Education. She is a teacher for the West Des Moines School District and leads kids yoga classes for a nationally known health and fitness club. She lives in West Des Moines, Iowa, with her three children and her husband.You can find Sara at gogoyogakids.com, on facebook, twitter, instagram, pinterest and youtube.Go Go Yoga for Kids:The Complete Guide to Using Yoga with Kids
- NAN Mc ADAM firstname.lastname@example.orgNan has always enjoyed writing. Nan’s first published nonfiction novel, Surviving the STRESS of Your Parents’ Old Age, is a book about her journey through elder care published in 2013. Nan’s first young adult fantasy novel, Saving Mim, was published in February 2015, the second book, The Secret Key of Mim, in 2016 and the third book at the end of the year.
- SUE RAYMOND
- http://sueraymondladylaindora.wordpress.comLady Laindora dwells in the imagination of author Sue Raymond. There many tales are spun of adventure with dragons, wizards, knights, and spells. Lady Laindora’s first novel is Healer of Surflex. Sue writes crime murder mystery DeBois series and a drama novel Resin La Rock. Five children books loom in the future.
- JORDYN MERYL email@example.comCrossing many genres, Jordyn Meryl spins chronicles of romance , paranormal and fantasy, for they are stories worth telling, even at the risk of revealing true feelings.
- KATHRYN DAUGHERTY http://www.kathryndaugherty.comKathryn Daugherty is a romance writer who resides in Pella, Iowa. Kathryn has two indie published novels, A Case of Hearts and She Promised Her Heart. Kathryn has also written several award- winning short stories. For more information about Kathryn’s work.
- J.C. HAMM firstname.lastname@example.orgEmerging from the dark world of drugs, abuse, and domestic violence, Because of Me, is a story about starting over and the lessons learned from past mistakes.J.C.’s new book “Life Beneath The Willow” is about a Marine and single father reluctantly returns to his hometown with his daughter Honor. He confronts events from the past.
Available on Amazon, and Barnes&Noble.
- BIRDIE HAWKS email@example.com RomanceBirdie Hawks is from Iowa and has been married for 36 years. She is retired from the Iowa Army National Guard and as a federal technician. She has two sons, 12 grandkids and 3 great grandkids.
- RICKY DRAGONI firstname.lastname@example.orgI’m originally from Puerto Rico but have spent half of my life in Iowa. My favorite authors include Edgar Allan Poe and Gabriel Garcia Marquez. My books are based on reality but sprinkled with a good dose of faerie dust. I hope my books can be entertaining but also thought provoking.Ricky Dragoni